MDN laboratory operates four CRG instruments located at Institut Laue Langevin :
- The cold neutron three-axis spectrometer IN12 in collaboration with FZJ, Germany.
- The thermal neutron three-axis spectrometer IN22.
- The thermal neutron two-axis diffractometer for single crystals D23.
The laboratory has an important activity in neutron instrumentation :
- Spectrometers : conception and installation of instruments, neutron optics and instrument control.
- Sample environment : low temperatures, high magnetic field and high pressure.
- Polarized neutrons : spherical polarimetry, helium 3 spin filter, neutron spin-echo.